Monthly Archives: November 2012
The ePortfolio was off-line on Monday at 10pm for 20mins while we deployed updates and performed routine maintenance. This is release 7.9, the highlights of which are detailed below. A documented description of all updates can be found in the Release Notes section of the ePortfolio site.
6526 RCOG: Educational Log section to show training year grade
6651 Dental: DEP Update
6693 UMeP Administrator: Fix for the date on the search trainees area
6697 Dental: Additional Paq Rounds menu and access
6698 Foundation (West Midlands): Forms added to Analyse Forms area
6750 Dental: Update to LEP to add columns for reporting
6756 Dental: Lep Phase V Outstanding Needs Improvement Summar
6757 Dental: Phase VI – LEP Summary of Performance
6773 RCOG: Update for OSAT U S Fetal Msmt Form
6821 Dental: Add menu for analyse forms
6825 Dental: LEP block deadline dates should appear in the ‘due date for submission’ drop down box
6870 Build FOM Basic Site
6911 UMeP Administrator: Fix Summary report not displaying correctly
6995 Foundation Administrator: Fix to correct access to End of Placement report forms
- There are two e-portfolio providers for foundation doctors in the UK: NHS Education Scotland (NES) and Horus.
- The Foundation Programme Curriculum Delivery Group (UKFPO) is responsible for setting the core content, functionality and security for both e-portfolios.
- Working with stakeholders, the e-portfolio is performance reviewed every year. Recommendations to improve the e-portfolio are subsequently made, with changes being deployed on an annual basis (i.e. July/August).
National core content – have your say!
- To ensure that e-portfolio core content recommendations for August 2013 are completely user focused, the Curriculum Delivery group are seeking your input.
- If you have any improvements relevant to the national core content and functionality of the e-portfolio, now is the time to suggest these.
- 6. Please complete the recommendations form and return to Stacey.firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st December 2012.
- All core content recommendations will be considered by the FP Curriculum Delivery group in January 2013. The approved changes will be embedded into the July/August 2013 e-portfolio.
- Please note that if recommendations are not relevant to national core content (e.g. no changes to actual form content etc.) these cannot be taken forward or managed by the Curriculum Delivery Group. Please see the paragraphs below outlining how these should be managed.
Mechanisms to improve the e-portfolio throughout the year
- If your recommendations are not relevant to national core content and/or functionality, there are other means by which you can request changes throughout the year.
- The NES ePortfolio has a Team Advisory Group (TAG). This group meets twice a year and should include representation from every UK foundation school.
- TAG considers all suggested improvements to the NES ePortfolio which do not impact the national core content or require FP Curriculum Delivery group input.
- The next TAG meeting is scheduled for February 2013 and will be held in Northern England (exact date and venue TBC). Participation with this group is strongly encouraged by the UKPO.
[Download as a Word document (including recommendation form)]
The ePortfolio was off-line on Saturday at 10am for a up to 1 hour while we deployed updates and performed routine maintenance. This is release 7.7, the highlights of which are detailed below. A documented description of all updates can be found in the Release Notes section of the ePortfolio site.
5070 RCPCH: ‘START’ added to the work based assessments page
6565 Fix: Foundation Initial Meeting Form additional trainee signature
6569 Fix RCPI with PCS and Training Sites administration view of previous programme, PCS Year progress
6668 Nursing Midwifery Mentorship – Change Educational lecturer role from an administrator role type to a supervisor role type
6692 Physician: wording on the Pharmaceutical Medicine form renamed ‘PMAT’ to ‘PBD’
6745 Dental: LEP Upload Phase I
6756 Dental: LEP Phase V Outstanding Needs Improvement Summary
6832 Physician: AoP forms set to have limit to completion numbers (i.e. maximum to fill)
6885 Dental: make text bigger on virtual LEP
Foundation trainees are now able to view their e-Learning for Healthcare (eLfH) module activity from within their ePortfolio account by clicking on the new e-Learning menu link. Note that at the present time only Foundation module completions will be reported in your ePortfolio.
In order to be able to do this it is necessary to link your ePortfolio account to your eLfH account. To do this, first go to e-Learning where you will see a link that allows you to verify your eLfH account
You will be taken to the eLfH web site where you are asked to enter your eLfH username and password
Once verified you will see information about your eLfH activities listed, indicating module title, status, completion times and significantly, you will have the opportunity to link modules as evidence to areas of your ePortfolio such as your curriculum.
The ePortfolio is to be off-line on Saturday at 10am for a up to 1 hour while we deploy updates and perform routine maintenance. This will be release 7.6, the highlights of which are detailed below. A documented description of all updates can be found in the Release Notes section of the ePortfolio site.
4626 Foundation: Ability to capture feedback on Learn modules
6271 RCR: Allow trainees to self-administer post details
6511 Fix: Foundation Clinical Supervisors End of Placement Report not displaying saved comments
6553 Fix: RCOG Curriculum error links disappeared
6568 Physician: Update to Educational Supervisors Report creation permissions
6609 Fix: Foundation Form Count report not working
6611 N&M: Admin analyse forms functionality updated
6616 N&M: Various minor changes to PPP
6801 RCPCH: Exams success text updated
6852 Fix: Foundation Admins Summary Report for SLE forms
6857 Fix: RCPCH Assessments automatic data pull re-established
6865 Fix: Intake Management screen giving error page
6880 Menu on footer no longer have child links