Monthly Archives: January 2013
The ePortfolio was updated on Tuesday at 10pm, no downtime was incurred while we deployed updates and performed routine maintenance. This was release 8.6, the highlights of which are detailed below
New items included in this build are:
• 7239 – Dental: Dental Update to LEP form
• 7316 – Nurse Mentor: CPD Post date administration by trainees now available
• 7437 – Foundation London: update TAB Round 3 dates
Fixes included in this build are:
• 7116 – Foundation: Induction Meeting with Clinical Supervisor cannot add signatures once saved
• 7275 – Foundation: Incorrect specialty showing on end of placement reports
• 7278 – Foundation: Supervisors unable to view forms created for trainees in previous roles
The ePortfolio was off-line on Tuesday at 10pm for 15 minutes while we deployed updates and performed routine maintenance. This is release 8.5, the highlights of which are detailed below.
· 7187 – Physician: Training Programme and Post Overlapping Dates
· 7255 – Dental: New ‘Dental Director’ ‘Assistant Director’ and ‘Associate Dean’ roles
· 7257 – Dental: Change to default display on dental trainee’s weekly log.
· 6761 – Foundation: Admin view of “Supervised Trainees” still slightly incorrect
· 6764 – RCOG: Disable the trainees ability to add themselves to a curriculum
· 7302 – Physician: Incorrect text in Pharmaceutical Medicine Multi-Source Feedback (MSF) form
· 7329 – Foundation: Paging broken on summary/assessment reports
· 7343 – System: Port number in URL
· 7336 – System: Download Portfolio Fails
Late addendum: fix deployed 23rd January:
· 7440 – Physician: Mini-CEX, CbD and ACAT forms now available to trainees
ePortfolio’s growth since 2005 has been a collaborative effort between a wide range of organisations and professions. Ongoing feedback has suggested that many users would appreciate clarification on where the responsibilities lie for ePortfolio.
Broadly, all content and how and when it is presented to you is determined by your Organisation (e.g. Medical School, UKFPO, Royal College, Professional Group, Postgraduate Deanery). Some organisations collaborate formally to agree what is available, so that there is a standardised approach across distributed groups or geographies e.g. Postgraduate Deaneries, Foundation Schools and Medical Schools. NHS ePortfolio provides the ePortfolio software i.e. the code that underpins the website, and the secure storage of the data.
What is your Organisation responsible for?
|Content and format of all assessments
|DOPS, miniCEX, CbD, Supervised Learning Events, Core Procedures, MSF TAB|
|Reflective practice||Reflective notes
Categories for reflection
Headings in reflection forms
|Curriculum||Length, content & structure of the Curriculum
Whether you are required to link certain items
|Timelines & frequencies||How many assessments are required during each placement
Any minimum requirements eg every SLE/assessment must be linked to n curriculum items
|Supervision & progress||Who can complete supervisor reports
Content & structure of supervisor reports
ARCP process & documentation
|Permissions||Which ePortfolio roles have read & write access to your data within the ePortfolio, and for how long|
|Declarations & agreements||Health & probity declarations; educational agreements|
|Courses & alerts||Adverts and alerts for events or deadlines|
|Data entry||Adding and updating user information|
|Data exchange||Links to and from any other systems eg College database, exams, e-Learning for Healthcare|
|Non-technical user support||Password reset, form editing/moving, information|
|Change requests||Timing, frequency and funding of changes to content|
|User acceptance testing||Final approval of any changes or modifications requested by the organisation|
|Engagement with users||To determine the requirements and priorities|
|Training and user guides
|Face to face, written, video and/or audio guidance and/or training on how to use the ePortfolio system.|
|Communication||Dissemination of information about content and processes (including changes) to trainees, supervisors and administrators|
What is NHS ePortfolio responsible for?
|QA and technical testing against requirements specified by your organisation|
|Deployment (scheduling & uploading of code from test to live environment)|
|Monitoring the infrastructure (eg environmental monitoring, network monitoring, load balancing monitoring, web server and data base monitoring, firewall monitoring and intrusion detection) to detect and correct abnormalities.|
|Database backup & security|
|Technical support including resolution of bugs|
|Providing data extracts and reporting from the database as requested by the relevant organisation|
|Layout of material displayed in the main content area (fonts, graphics, pictures implemented following advice and guidance of organisations)|
|Engagement with Organisations and users to encourage dialogue and collaboration with the development of the software|
What do you do if you have ideas, suggestions or other feedback about any of the above?
If you have feedback about any of the items in the first table above, please contact your organisation. If you are unsure which organisation to contact, your organisation’s logo should be visible on any page of your ePortfolio.
If you have a technical support issue, contact email@example.com
You can follow us on twitter @NESePortfolio
The ePortfolio was off-line on Thursday at 10pm for 45 minutes while we deployed updates and performed routine maintenance. This is release 8.4, the highlights of which are detailed below.
• 6853 Sys: FAQ Admin – Items are being orphaned when added to a new site
• 7167 UMeP: tol Undergrad Site With Signoff Report (aka Curriculum)
• 7186 Physician: Admins have “Move Forms” functionality
• 7340 Foundation: Post new version of “Foundation Admin user guide”
• 6934, 7189 Foundation: Specialty list not in A-Z order
• 7221 RCR: Followup to “Access Rights”
• 7262 Dental: enrolments team impacting Dental ePortfolio Advisors
• 7289 Dental: site showing incorrect locked out error message
• 7310 RCOG: Comments not being saved on “OSATS – Fetal measurement, lie and presentation”
• 7285 RCR: “Add new log” button missing in Personal Records section
• 7351 RCR: Incorrect assessments assigned to trainees