Monthly Archives: February 2013
For a number of months now we at ePortfolio have been hearing from our users that the one thing that would make really make a difference in using the ePortfolio for them would be a mobile App.
The ePortfolio team are happy to announce that we have been developing an App and the first version is now available in a ‘beta’ (testing) format.
To install the App use you device’s web browser to go to http://app.nhseportfolios.org where you can set up a short cut on your device. How to achieve this will depend on whether you are using iOS (i.e. iPhone or iPad), Windows or Android operating systems.
The first release of App functionality is built around our ticketing facility and will allow ePortfolio trainees to use a HTML5 compatible mobile device to connect to their ePortfolio account and:
– Raise new ticket requests
– Review existing tickets
– Delete unneeded tickets
– Send ticket reminders
We know that getting internet access in many hospitals and other NHS buildings can be difficult at best and downright impossible at worst so crucially the App will work even if you are not currently connected to the internet via an offline/online sync function.
The ticketing function is just the first of many that we will be releasing. We are currently working on developing the ability for reflection forms to be available on the App and have lots of plans for additional functionality after that.
If you wish to help us by testing the current beta release version of the App you can access in the first instance by visiting the following URL on your mobile device: http://app.nhseportfolios.org
Please try to access and use the App for a few days or weeks and then let us know how you get on with it.
We have written a feedback form that can be accessed at the following web addresses:
http://tinyurl.com/nesapptest. Please use this to return any feedback.
If you have any problems using the App please send support requests to email@example.com rather than use our regular support channels. Please do not contact your College, Deanery, Medical School, or Professional group in regards to the App.
The App, and the API that supports it, have been developed by the ePortfolio team in response to our user’s feedback. This project is not currently being funded by any of our customer groups, but we hope to work with them in the future to improve our service to our users.
The ePortfolio was updated on Tuesday at 10pm and was off-line for 30 minutes while we deployed updates and performed routine maintenance. This was release 9.0, the highlights of which are detailed below:
Updates included in this build are:
· 7136 – FOUNDATION: Administrators when Moving Posts, post dates should not overlap within a training programme
· 7256 – DENTAL: New ‘Dental Regional administrator’ role
Fixes included in this build are:
· 7071 – PHYSICIAN: Delete duplicate programme
· 7210 – PHYSICIAN: Exams – Change hover-over text
· 7471 – UMeP: Site has no Certificate Types
· 7472 – UMeP: Text correction to taster form to refer to ‘Student’
· 7499 – PHYSICIAN: Disable trainees’ ability to add themselves to a curriculum
The ePortfolio was updated on Tuesday at 10pm and was off-line for 13 minutes while we deployed updates and performed routine maintenance. This was release 8.9, the highlights of which are detailed below:
· 7242 – All: Admin – Take warehouse Reports offline
· 7319 – N & M: Photo images
· 6362 – RCOG: Assigned ATSMs to appear under “Curriculum Progress”
· 6807 – N & M: On the log in page is a new subpage: “Who uses ePortfolio”
· 4616 – All: Messaging: added to message multiple times
· 7177 – Foundation: Assessment Report showing incorrect data
· 7374 – Physician: Allow trainee to see the CCT date
· 7436 – Foundation: Curriculum links number
Added as Hotfix on Thursday 20th:
· 7681 – Left Trainee Menus not functioning in IE6/IE7
In conjunction with improvements to our search functionality for Foundation Administrators (see below) we have also improved the ePortfolio so it is easier for a Foundation Supervisor, Foundation Programme Director, Dental Trainer or Dental Advisor to review multiple trainee accounts.
When a trainee account is viewed via ‘My trainees’ (if you are attached via a post/block) or ‘Programme Trainees’ (if you are attached via a programme/scheme), you can now select a trainee’s page and view it before clicking the new ‘Switch selected user’ button found on the left of the screen.
If you select a different trainee you can click directly on the name to switch them, or (where you have a long list) you can start to type their name into the text box to get to them more quickly. You will be taken to the same ePortfolio page, but for that next trainee.
If you ever need to refresh the trainees listed just return to your home page and start with a new trainee selection.
The ePortfolio was updated on Tuesday at 10pm and was off-line for 35 minutes while we deployed updates and performed routine maintenance. This was release 8.8, the highlights of which are detailed below:
|4885||Update||RCR: Remove Supervisors option to add ARCP forms|
|5418||Update||Foundation and Dental : Finding and Selecting Trainees Upgrade : for more details see this description|
|6618||Fix||Messaging not returning correct programme numbers|
|7004||Update||Physician: add a pass/fail box and explanatory text to the bottom of all AoP forms (part of the WPBA pilot)|
|7068||Fix||GMC Validation Message Text correction|
|7240||Update||Dental: Disallow new LEP forms to be saved into ended posts.|
|7254||Update||Dental: New ‘Dental Dean’ Role|
|7280||Fix||Sys: Intake Management search error|
|7403||Fix||Incorrect warning when logging in that GMC Number is already in use|
|7500||Update||Dental: LEP reporting – LEP year to date summary|
|7616||Update||Sys: Re-enable Google Analytics|
|7617||Update||Sys: Implement Summary Report Database Switch|
The functionality for searching and selecting trainees has been significantly improved in the most recent update (release 8.8), though currently only available to Foundation and Dental Administrators.
Previous to this update, when an administrator filtered for a set of trainees using the “Search Trainees” page, after selecting a particular trainee they then wished to choose a different trainee from the same list they needed to repeat the search process.
The new functionality will allow the list of trainees to persist so that it is possible to switch between them without having to repeat the search process.In fact this facility also works when using “Administer Posts” and “Administer Users” (so not just trainees)
The steps are shown below:
1. Search for the trainees as normal
2. The search returns a list of trainees
3. Select a trainee to work on. Note the new button on the top left “Switch Selected User”
4. Clicking “Switch Selected User” produces a pop up box where up to the first 50 trainees from the search list are shown. You can click directly on the name to switch them, or (where you have a long list) you can start to type their name into the text box to get to them more quickly.
The ePortfolio was updated on Tuesday at 10pm and was off-line for 35 minutes while we deployed updates and performed routine maintenance. This was release 8.7, the highlights of which are detailed below:
New items included in this build are:
• 5420 – Foundation: display the “clinical problem category” for WBAs in summaries
• 6144 – CEM: Extending PDP Summary page to include additional Columns
• 6311 – Sys: General users import functionality on new solution structure
• 6732 – Physician: Training Programme Migration Admin page
• 7178 – RCPI: Logbook summary overview showing post-specific items
• 7314 – Nurse Mentor: Change of Mentor role titles
Fixes included in this build are:
• 6977 – RCPI: Admin view: Forms summary should list number signed, not number of signatures
• 7046 – Foundation TAB page doesn’t give trainees information on types of assessors
• 7072 – Physician: Add help text for AOPs
• 7181 – Physician: Pharmaceutical Medicine trainees should not have any of the DOPs forms
• 7420 – Dental: Unable to sign off Dental DEPs/CbDs
• 7438 – Physician: Error thrown deleting post
• 7473 – Download Portfolio fails for certain users
• 7474 – Learn: Performance Issues with Learning/Tasklist page
The UKFPO would like to apologise to users of the NES e-portfolio product for the recent CS access issue. As per the Reference Guide 2010 and 2012, clinical supervisor access to the portfolio is for the “period of supervision and for a period of three months following the end of the placement. Read only access is indefinite”.
There was a typographic error within the e-portfolio specification issued to NES which inadvertently caused this error. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused. We understand that NES has now resolved this issue.
UK Foundation Programme Office
Regus House, Falcon Drive,
Cardiff, CF10 4RU