Monthly Archives: April 2013
The ePortfolio was updated on Tuesday at 10pm, going offline for 35 minutes while we deployed updates and perform routine maintenance. This is release 9.7, the highlights of which are detailed below:
Fixes included in this release are:
• 7956 – Add switch to Analyse Forms so it can come from the main database
Updates included in this release are:
• 7498 RCPI PCS Background restructuring of Schemes on the database
• 7701 DENTAL – New Form – “Test of Knowledge Certificate”
• 7702 DENTAL – New Form – “Medical Emergency Certificate”
The ePortfolio will be updated on Tuesday at 10pm, going offline for up to 30 minutes while we deploy updates and perform routine maintenance. This is release 9.6, the highlights of which are detailed below:
Updates included in this build are:
- 5419 FOUNDATION – Change Requests_Feb12 KSS #8 #116 (Allow Delete of Confirmed Certificates)
- 7279 FSRH – Update to multiple Forms
- 6440 FOUNDATION – ARCP items that include:
- 6440 Foundation Education Supervisors End of Year Report form
- 6252 Foundation Interim ARCP review form (F1/F2)
- 6253 & 6254 Foundation ARCP Outcome form (F1/F2)
- 6256 Foundation Attainment of F1 Competence certificae
- 6257 Foundation FACD review
- 6259 Foundation Review of Evidence (F1/F2)
Fixes included in this build are:
- 7008 PHYSICIAN – Pharmaceutical Medicine trainees should not have any of the DOPs forms
- 7707 EPORTFOLIO – Error Message when deleting empty programmes
- 7803 RCPCH – Educational Supervisor menu: Title too long for menu item
- 7819 EPORTFOLIO – Resolve issue with updating forename via personal details
- 7829 EPORTFOLIO – Admin able to create users without assigning a role
- 7857 FOUNDATION – Always show the specialty for posts on the trainees’ “Summary Overview” page
- 8080 PHYSICIAN – Fix validation on Supervisor Report (Pilot) Form
The ePortfolio will be updated on Wednesday at 10pm, going offline for up to 30 minutes while we deploy updates and perform routine maintenance. This is release 9.5, the highlights of which are detailed below:
• 5406 – CEM “Educational Log” re-labelled “Reflective notes”
• 7687 – Dental: LEP Block summary to include unsigned LEPS
• 7260 – Foundation: SLE Autolinking TAG CR137
• 7493 – Foundation: TAB page: Post specific view of completed TAB forms
• 7610 – Foundation: Supervisor rights for meeting forms in previous posts
• 7720 – Physician: Set maximum fill values for AoP forms Follow-Up
• 7921 – NM Student Mentor getting double menus
As part of the Foundation Programmes ARCP process there is a need for individuals to review trainees’ ePortfolios as ARCP assessors.
A role has been provided on the ePortfolio that will allow these individuals this access. However this role will have to be set up on the ePortfolio system by ePortfolio Administrator before the assessor can see an account.
You need to set up the ARCP reviewer role to be located so that they “see” trainees in the same way as Foundation Administrators have access based on their location. See the diagram below that shows how locations are arranged as a tree – by placing the ARCP Assessor on the correct “location” then you establish which trainees are visible to them.
In the above example, ARCP Reviewer X is assigned to Hospital 1 only and can see on trainees based at that location. ARCP Reviewer Y is assigned to Trust C and thus sees trainees at all hospitals location “under” this location, i.e. Hospital 4 and Hospital 5.
1) The first thing to do is make sure you know the location of the trainee in question. The easiest way to do this is to go to the ‘trainee search’ (Home > Select A Trainee) and type their name into the ‘name’ box.
The search results section should include a column called ‘Location’. This is the location that the ARCP assessor must be at or above on the location tree.
2) Next you need to locate the ARCP assessor on the system. The best place to start is the ‘Search Users’ function on the ‘Administer Users’ page (Home > ePortfolio Admin > Users).
2a) Start by searching ‘within your location’. This means searching all the users who are set at the same place as you are. Start you search by typing a name, email, GMC etc into the search fields.
In the example above I have found the user I was looking for. But if you don’t find your user, they may not share a location with you.
2b) Search for the user ‘outside your location’. This will pick up users on the same site as you, but outside your jurisdiction or for users whose accounts are on other sites (e.g. they could be a ‘Foundation Educational Supervisor’)
Perform the search again, but this time select ‘-All Locations-‘ from the dropdown box in the ‘Location’ area.
If you still do not find the user, they probably are not on the system you will need to go to step 4) – see below.
2c) Once you have located your user, select them by clicking on their name (this will be blue and underlined) on the search results.
3) Setting up the user’s ARCP assessor role
Once you have selected a user you should see a page like the following:
To examine what roles they currently have, click the grey ‘Admin Roles’ button on the left hand side. This should take you to a list of their current roles
To enable a new assessor role, click the ‘Add new role’ button
3a) Select the role you wish to add (probably ‘Foundation ARCP Assessor’)
Then, select the location the Assessor needs from the tree. An assessor will have to be at the same level or above that of the trainee they want to see. If an assessor needs to see multiple trainees, then put them high enough up the tree so they can see them all.
Click ‘add role’ to finish the process.
The assessor will then be able to access the ePortfolios of all trainees at that location for review.
4) If the user is not on the system you will need to create them an account with an ARCP assessor role using the ‘add new’ user function on the ‘Administer Users’ page
Fill in the new user’s details and then select the ‘ARCP assessor role’ and a suitable location, this is similar to step 3a as detailed above.
The new user’s details will then be emailed to them automatically.
5) Signing: The NHS ePortfolio is designed to allow the FTPD to create the F1/F2 ARCP outcome form. This functionality exists to limit/avoid any confusion as to the official, agreed ARCP review outcome. If for any reason, the FTPD has assigned a deputy a trust/LEP ePortfolio administrator can create the outcome form.
It is possible for a Foundation Administrator to generate, fill and save the form. However a user with a FTPD role would still need to log in to sign that form after the admin had saved it. Admins can’t sign it themselves
6) Once the ARCP review has been conducted you will need to remove access by deleting or removing the ARCP assessor role from the user. A ‘safe’ location to move the role to would be one with no trainees in, maybe an ‘abroad’ location. Remember you can search for trainees at a given location on the ‘Trainee Search’ page.
Removing the ARCP assessor role is important as otherwise the user may be able to view the portfolios of trainees that they don’t need to.
To delete a role select a user as detailed above, return to the ‘Admin Roles’ page again and view the user’s roles. There will be an option to ‘edit’ or ‘delete’ the roles present which will allow you to change a location or remove the role.
Please note: If a user only has one role, you will not be able to delete it. You can move the role to a location with no trainees if you need to restrict access
The ePortfolio was updated on Tuesday at 10pm, offline for 15 minutes while we deploy updates and perform routine maintenance. This is release 9.4, the highlights of which are detailed below:
• 7320 NM and N&M: 2d: Custom form
• 7653 RCPI PCS: Reporting – Implement “Helpdesk – PCS User Report”
• 7683 DENTAL: LEP Trainer/External signature should be a mandatory field on LEP form
• 7775 DENTAL: LEPSOP/PAQSOP director signatures
• 6386 DENTAL: GMC Number still exists in ‘My Filled Forms’ for External Assessor
• 7728 EPORTFOLIO: Update Admins Password Reset Process
• 7739 EPORTFOLIO: Addition of HTTP header to enable Chrome Frame usage
• 7966 EPORTFOLIO: Cleanup the Post Search
• 8030 EPORTFOLIO: User Search control post dates