Monthly Archives: November 2013
The ePortfolio is scheduled for updates and routine maintenance on Tuesday 3rd December at 10pm, and may be offline for up to 60 minutes.
This is release 12.3, the highlights of which are detailed below.
Update items included in this build are:
* 4752 – FOUNDATION – KSS Taster form report
* 7661 – CEM – New anaesthetic forms based on the RCOA forms
* 10911 – CEM – Alteration to Anaesthetic forms DOPS, MiniCex, CBD.
* 7749- CEM – Simplication of Trainee Curriculum Ratings
* 7957 – EPORTFOLIO – Tidy up Logos schema and domain model
* 9331 – RCR – Create new College Admin role
* 9613 – RCPI – New form permission for admin created form
* 9781 – DENTAL – Update permissions for all forms
* 10053 – FOUNDATION – 2013 Updates – Final completion of items
* 10088 – RCPI PCS – Replace logo with high definition versions
* 10198 – PHYSICIAN – Add “Tickets” link to menu for trainees
* 10233 – RCOG – Removal of the Annual Assessment Review Form
* 10393 – RCOG – Amendments to “Annual Supervisor Report” form
* 10648 – RCOG – Rename forms
* 10696 – RCOG – Curriculum ticket enhancements
* 10881 – UNDERGRADUATE – UCL – Reinstate Y6 form
Fixes included in this build are:
* 10695 – RCPI PCS – Design and appearance Issues
* 10775 – EPORTFOLIO – Spelling correction – from “Dietician” to “Dietitian”
* 10870 – EPORTFOLIO – Change ‘FROM’ email address on “Assessment(s) Updated”, “Logbook Review Required For Trainee” & “ePortfolio form completed on your behalf by trainee” emails
* 10875 – RCOG – Incorrect wording on message when no courses entered in ePortfolio
* 10905 – EPORTFOLIO – Minor problems with appearance
* 10906 – RCOG – 2013 Updates Follow-up – Changes to appearance
* 10926 – RCPI – Issue with default post selection
* 10930 – UMEP – UCL – Fix issue with attention items (yellow triangles)
* 10948 – MALTA GP – Incorrect name shown for all but first linked signature
* 10964 – DENTAL – LEPSOP – Incorrect signature validation when completed by users with both Trainer and Advisor roles
* 10980 – RCPCH – Remove Messages & Help from left hand menu
* 11109 – DENTAL – LEP Summary Of Performance JS/HTML issues (LEPSOP)
NES ePortfolio : Outcome of 1st Phase : Ownership and Management of NES ePortfolio
“In June we announced our intention to undertake a review of the ownership and management of the NES
eP1. We decided to undertake this review in recognition of the rapid growth of the eP, and concerns that
opportunities for its further development might be constrained due to the financial and governance
arrangements which apply to NES as a Special Health Board.
“We have completed the first phase of our review and have undertaken an option appraisal based on the
three options we identified in our paper;
- Option1 – Do Nothing
- Option 2 – Further development of eP within NES
- Option 3 – Joint venture between NES and a third party.
“By our deadline for receipt of initial proposals we received 7 submissions from third parties to develop a
joint venture with NES. The submissions received were generally all of a high quality and followed a number
of constructive meetings with nearly all of the third parties who submitted proposals. The review project
team also developed Option 2 to support the further development of eP within NES.
“The outcome of the first phase of the review has been a decision by NES to continue to manage the
development of the eP in-house. In summary, we concluded that meeting the future needs of trainees,
students and other eP stakeholders was best protected by retaining the eP within NES. However, the review
also high-lighted that there were aspects of the future development of the eP which NES was not best
placed to manage and we may consider partnership arrangements in due course to address these issues
“We are very pleased that ePortfolio will remain within NES (Option 2) and a Short life Working Group
consisting of a number of senior managers is being assembled to develop a sustainable plan that will ensure
ePortfolio continues to evolve and adapt to meet the needs of healthcare staff. [Continued..]
The rescheduled ePortfolio update and routine maintenance work is to occur at 10pm, 19th November (the original Saturday date advertised had been postponed).
This is release 12.1, the highlights of which are detailed below.
Update items included in this build are:
• 8033 – FOUNDATION – Placement Supervisor Group Overview Page
• 8687 – RCPI – Target Timeline Listing page load
• 9473 – RCOG – Removal of links from “Forms” section
• 9765 – RCOG – indicator to be implemented on OSATS
• 9841 – RCPI – Curriculum files to be updated
• 9927 – RCR – Ability to select more than one modality or system on Mini-IPX
• 10300 – EPORTFOLIO – LEARN – Amend completion date for all Learn modules to 31st July 2015
Fixes included in this build are:
• 3592 – EPORTFOLIO – Typos on Certficates and Exams page
• 7435 – DENTAL – LEP PDF download fails in IE8 and below
• 9693 – RCPI PCS – Sorting of form lists has stopped working
• 10089 – EPORTFOLIO – Messaging giving error page on viewing
• 10220 – PHYSICIAN – Educational Supervisors Report mandatory fields
• 10473 – EPORTFOLIO – MOBILEAPP – Ensure date fields are validated to allow only valid date inputs
• 10525 – EPORTFOLIO – Personal Library – prevent deletion of files attached to filled forms
• 10556 – RCOG – Supervisor’s Report menu
• 10581 – EPORTFOLIO – Bug with Role Grouping admin page
• 10670 – RCPI – Picklists not correct according to specific trainee programme
• 10745 – EPORTFOLIO – Contents of fields being encoded when forms are countersigned
• 10776 – EPORTFOLIO – Unable to create a new account to “keep records” when answering ticket request
• 10777 – FOUNDATION – ARCP Review of Evidence not recognising completed “End of Year Report”
• 10779 – FOUNDATION – TAB Summary – link to create TAB Summary missing despite requirements being met
At the present time site updates and deployments are performed at 10pm on Tuesday evenings, commonly the site being offline for between 30 to 60 minutes. However, as of 22nd November 2013 we will be moving to a Saturday morning maintenance window (midnight to 11.59am). A time slot of up to 60mins will be advertised (via the @NESePortfolio twitter feed) at least 24 hours ahead of any scheduled down time and this will occur during this time period. The reason for the variation in deployment times is related to availability of senior technical staff who perform the deployment process.
• Our window for performing scheduled maintenance will be between 00:00 and 11:59 on a Saturday UK Time – the “maintenance window”.
• When the update/deployment is being performed the site will typically be offline for up to one hour (the “maintenance period”)
• We will notify users of the site when the site will be going offline by posting a prominent message at the top of every page for at least 6 hours before the start of the maintenance period.
• At least 24 hours notice will be provided via our Twitter account of when we anticipate the maintenance period to commence.
In a typical scenario, where a deployment was scheduled for 8am on Saturday morning, these guidelines would be followed:
• We have a deployment planning meeting on a Monday where the nature and contents of the deployment are agreed and approved. Customer testing and approvals must be received my 12pm on this day for inclusion into the deploy meeting
• On the Tuesday or Wednesday, we publish a post on the Talkback blog (http://talkback.nhseportfolios.org) with the release contents, indicate that the site will be offline for a specified hour on Saturday, and tweet it. In the unlikely event that this time changes an update would be tweeted more than 24 hours in advance
• From 2am on Saturday morning, a message is posted in the header of all site pages, informing users that the site will go offline at 8am
• At 8am on Saturday morning, the site goes offline for up to an hour whilst the new release is deployed.