Updated warning for users of unsupported browsers.
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) are committed to developing a secure web based application that not only delivers but exceeds user expectations. To achieve this our development teams must make use of new capabilities and improved security and performance provided by modern, up-to-date browsers.
Historically, a subtle warning was included on the NHS ePortfolios homepage prior to login when the site is visited by users of unsupported browsers. From Saturday the 7th April 2018, the NHS ePortfolios application will now display the following highly visible warning at the top of every page to users of unsupported browsers.
If you see this message, we would encourage you to upgrade your browser or, if you are unable to do so, contact your local IT provider for assistance.
To quickly and easily identify the browser and browser version you are using, simply visit https://whatbrowser.org
For the NHS ePortfolios application, we support the use of the main application at https://www.nhseportfolios.org using the most popular browsers, as listed below:
- Apple Safari – https://www.apple.com/uk/safari/
- Google Chrome – http://www.google.com/chrome
- Microsoft Edge – https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/microsoft-edge
- Microsoft Internet Explorer – https://windows.microsoft.com/internet-explorer
- Mozilla Firefox – https://www.firefox.com
For each browser, we support the current and previous major versions of all browsers on a rolling basis. Each time a new version is released, we start supporting the new version and stop supporting the third most recent version. We are unable to provide support for users of beta / preview versions until they are officially released, but welcome being notified of issues that users encounter if using such versions.
The full list of browsers / versions that we support at the time of writing (4th April 2018) are as follows:
* Apple Safari 10 (Released 20th September 2016)
* Apple Safari 11 (Released 19th September 2017)
* Google Chrome 64 (Released 24th January 2018)
* Google Chrome 65 (Released 6th March 2018)
* Microsoft Edge 15 (Released 7th October 7, 2016)
* Microsoft Edge 16 (Released 26th September 2017)
* Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 (Released 26th October 2012)
* Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 (Released 17th October 2013)
* Mozilla Firefox 58 (Released 23rd January 2018)
* Mozilla Firefox 59 (Released 13th March 2018)